Saturday, May 4, 2013

Laramie

So many challenges, so little time :-)

Today I used a Scrapbook Generations sketch, and inspiration from Child's Play  (Jump Rope) and from Big Picture Classes challenge #6 and CK's Blog (use paper scraps).  Using scraps is pretty easy for me -- I do it a lot.  All the paper except the Kraft background and the white matting are from scrap drawer.  Yay! I used "rope" (Baker's Twine -- which I hadn't used in ages) for the initial letter in the title.  I was going to use it for the whole title, but the letters were smaller than they looked and my Zip Dry glue is drying quicker than zip -- I think I need a new bottle.  Challenge number 6 at BPC is to push yourself outside of your usual techniques, supplies, etc.  I was going to stop with one border at the top, my matted photos and a title -- I am usually a pretty basic scrapper.  But I pushed myself to do more, add more, dig out some supplies I don't usually use.  So I used Washi Tape (well, Recollections tape) more than I ever have -- including making a flower.  I hadn't used my Baker's twine for a long time, so I used that on the title. I added some quotes.  And I'm so glad I did.  It's good to be challenged.




4 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I am going to "lift" your idea about the rope....I was so hung up on skipping rope and have no pics of my kids doing it! Thanks for helping me "rethink" Great job on all of your challenges, and great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very colourful layout. Thanks for joining us at Child's play challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Child's Play challenges and sharing your layout with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative way to incorporate the Jump rope challenge! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete