Monday, August 25, 2014

Two New Layouts -- Tassel/Hassle and Great Outdoors

I spend some time cleaning out/up my scrappy area.  Still much more work to do.  I've been in a clean up and out mood though -- you'd think it was spring.  Worked out at the storage unit Sunday.  Still more to do there, too.   Ah well....

I used a lot of challenges for inspiration on these layouts.

The first one is another of Ben's graduation -- the part where their names get called and they get to walk across the stage and everybody shouts.  Most of Ben's close friends graduated the year before, so only a few got snapped on stage.  I love the photo of Ben with Mr. Harris.  Mr. Harris was his Leadership teacher/adviser for all three years he was at VAAS.  He was one of Ben's two favorite teachers.


The challenge that inspired this was a sketch + challenge over at ScrapStuffz "Inspired By" (my friend Stacia).  A friend, Adele, had created this sketch:

and the rest of the challenge was to use a handmade die cut.  I love this sketch, but needed two pages for all the photos.  So I turned it to create the second page.  And I made the title die cut -- love my Silhouette.  And all those circles were punched -- from a 6x6 pad that Merry sent me, if I'm not mistaken.  I love my online scrapping community!  

The next layout plays off several challenges:  


I used a DCWV sketch, but since I didn't use DCWV papers, I won't be submitting it there (shh!  don't tell)  But the sketch worked soooo well for the layering challenge over at  Scrapbook Circle.  But what to scrap?  Then I remembered that Scrap Our Stash had a Selfie (plus pre-made/packaged frame) challenge and SWAT had a summer  vacation challenge going..  I had to think about the Selfie -- just don't take many, honestly.  BUT -- David snapped this pic of us in Zion on our trip with Ben's friends.  The frame I've had for AGES -- just never seemed to go.  And honestly, I probably wouldn't have thought of it if it hadn't been for the challenge.    AND -- the frame covered up most of the stranger behind us that was (unintentionally) photo-bombing us LOL.

Thanks for stopping bye!


7 comments:

  1. Such nice work! Especially love your 2nd layout with that wonderful selfie! So much fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Andrea! LOVE these papers with your photo---perfect match! Neat angle on the frame, too. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute selfie! Great job on the challenge!


    ~Robin Redd
    Scrap Our Stash DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. take more selfies! love the frame and how it serves a dual purpose LOL (kate) (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love selfies and yours is great! Thanks for linking up with us over at SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic layouts!!!Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete