Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bookends



This layout was done for the CSI Case File 14 and the PLS Sketch Challenge #40.

The colors are much more subtle that I normally use -- I had a hard time finding some paper to work. The striped pp on top is from an RAK from Erika at Club CK. The banner pp, the journal spot, innocence and the paper behind the song lyrics are downloads from CSI (love their downloads), so they helped a GREAT deal to get this done.

The sketch from PLS was perfect for these three photos -- fairly random shots. Don't remember if they're all from the same event (I think they are), but definitely from same time period. Those years of going places with Grandma and Scott -- not always quite sure which needed me more, grateful for a fairly easy toddler/preschooler who was content to ride on Grandma's lap while I pushed the wheel chair. It was a special relationship between them.

My journaling, which was prompted by CSI reads:

They were my bookends -- the generation before and after me. Days of innocence when I believed my mom would always be there and I could always "fix" my son's hurts.

The lyrics to the song, Bookends, by Paul Simon: (a song I've always loved, since I was a teen, and which popped into my head as I read the journal prompts "time, innoncence")

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's you

Part of why I scrapbook is because of that last line --

So grateful to CSI for the prompt that took these obscure, random, not-really-great photos and turned them into a meaningful page. And to PLS for the sketch that brought it together.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading how you were inspired to scrap this lovely page, LOTL!

    ReplyDelete