Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Home

This is our new home in Utah.  And the view from my window.  The photo of the layout is not great, but it's pretty late.  I have to remember to take photos earlier in the day.

The layout is based on a sketch from Let's Scrap.  Here's what it looks like:


This was actually last week's sketch (8/6/14), I just didn't get to it in time.  They've got another sketch up for this week.

Here's my take:  



I  was also inspired by the Frosted Design's challenge to use chevrons -- I'm so hesitant in mixing prints -- but I love how these worked.  And I love the bright happy blue chevron print!


I used DCWV papers from their Tradewinds stack.  I cut the circle and the tags with either my old Cricut or my Silhouette (don't remember which).  Pulled the map from online and made the mini journal card.  The title is from Scrabble tile stickers -- got those in a swap and I don't know who makes them.






4 comments:

  1. Love love love how you included the state map! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love the paper choices. Thanks for paying along with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page...just a great work!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete