Sunday, August 31, 2014

Last minute August submissions

The first layout I want to share is another from Ben's graduation, "Hat's Off".  I used the DCWV sketch for august and the Tradewinds stack.  I love the colors in it.  I fussy cut around the butterfly so that it could pop over the photo.


Next is a two page layout, "So Proud" of Ben with family and his friend Darrin's family.  I used the sketch at Let's Scrap for this one.  When I first saw it, I thought it was too busy.  For that reason, I chose white background paper.  But I really like how it came out and don't think it looks too busy now.  



Here's the sketch:

My last layout has no photos lol.  I haven't gotten them yet.  I wanted to scrap photos from our trip to Parowan Gap Petroglyphs for the Flintstone challenge over at Child's Play.  I found a challenge over Let's Scrap -- a combination sketch, Bingo and tutorial challenge!  Whew!.  I used the tutorial that showed how to do the sunburst shapes.  I've seen them and wanted to try it, but just never got around to it.  The tutorial took the mystery out of it.  For the Bingo part, I used something shiny (the metal arrows), arrows (on the card and the metals), 3 or more photos (well, they're coming), and brads (holding the metal arrows in place).  Here's the sketch:

We were told to use one side or the other or the middle to create a one-page layout.  I used the right side:

And then added a companion page (I have too many photos for just one page :-):

The papers all come from a Close to My Heart kit that I received as an RAK.  Loved the papers in it.

To show why I thought this layout worked for the Flintstone challenge, here are a few of the photos:











4 comments:

  1. Cool petroglyphs! Thanks for playing along with CPC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Child's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages and photos. I love the colors on all of your pages. Thanks for playing along with us at Child's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pages! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed page. thank you for playing at CPC

    ReplyDelete