Friday, May 31, 2013

Comparing Scars

This photo is from last Thanksgiving -- after dinner, we went back to my Aunt's house.  She and David had a chance to compare scars from similar carpal tunnel surgeries.  It cracked me up to see them.  My aunt's usually much more prim and proper.

I used a sketch from Let's Capture Our Memories  - their second for the month of May.  And I was inspired to scrap this photo of my aunt, who has always been a mother figure to me, but even more so since my own mom passed away, by the challenge over at 2 Broke Girls.  I am loving their challenges!  Both of these sites are fairly new to me and with the closing of the CK forums/Club, I'm sure I'll be relying on them for inspiration more and more.

Here's my layout:


I used my new Plaid mask/stencil (way cheaper than the "scrapbooking" ones) for the pattern behind the photo.  And a "border strip" 6 x 6 page from the Nikki Sivils packet I won forever ago provided my journaling/title strip and flower embellishment.  I added an old "band aid" die cut (have had since Ben was born!)  Love using up my stash!  Although David would probably say I love shopping for more stash even more than using it :-)

1 comment:

  1. great use of strips and fun background.. thanks for playing along at LCOM

    ReplyDelete