Friday, September 13, 2013

Lush Life

This layout is from our trip to San Diego -- while the boys were at Warp Tour, David I went to Balboa Park.  These pictures are from the botanical building -- beautiful orchids and other flowers.  And the building with water garden in front is beautiful in itself.

I used the colors -- green, pink, and black -- from the monthly color challenge at Scrappin' Peeps.  I had chosen the background any way and then realized the pink mats would go well.  But the black really made the pics pop.  I was also inspired by the Random Challenge (Scrappin' Peeps again) to use photo collage in the style of leafrance.com.  Mine is not nearly as intricate as their collages, but has a bit of the stained glass feel with the black.  I originally had my photos placed differently, but the inspiration led me to their final positions.  I may go back and add some journaling or I may do it on the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment