Monday, April 28, 2014

Revolution

I love, love, love this layout -- love the photos, love the paper, love how it came out.

The photos are actually screen shots taken from the You Tube video of R3hab, Nervo, and Ummet Ozcam's music video "Revolution."  David is in the video -- it was a one day shoot outside of Barstow.

The paper is from a DCWV stack that I just got a couple weeks ago.  It's called Tradewinds.  I'd put off buying it (I never pay full price for a stack at Mike's or Jo's) and then couldn't find it.  I found it again -- with the Juniper Berry stack -- for $5.99 each.  Can't beat that with a stick.

Now, in these stacks, you get 2 (or sometimes more) of each page.  Which is nice for those of us who make 2 page layouts most often, at least when it's an all over print.  But when it's got those highlights (the foil butterflies), it's harder to use them side by side.  So -- I cover up parts.  I used another sheet in the stack, the black chevron, to make mat strips for my photos.  For the video pics, which tell a chronological story, it worked great.  I added some butterflies and a title, journaling, and graphics I pulled from the internet.

I actually did the layout a while back, at a crop, but left it to do the journaling and title at home.  So it's sat for several weeks.  Good at finishing up, I am not.  But I'm glad I finished this one.

If you're interested in seeing the video, go here

1 comment:

  1. It was a great idea to do screenshots of the video. Nice LO and great story. Interesting video!

    ReplyDelete